1 Settembre 2007

Toxins Form When E-Cigarette Chemicals Mix
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
xysoom

MessaggioOggetto: Toxins Form When E-Cigarette Chemicals Mix
Inviato: 13-11-2020 8:28:59

Toxins Form When E-Cigarette Chemicals Mix

There's more bad news about electronic cigarettes: Researchers have identified previously unknown toxins that can affect the heart and lungs of those who vape.To get more news about Best E-Cigarettes, you can visit univapo official website.

The chemicals form when manufacturers combine flavorings with solvents in e-cigarettes, according to the study. These chemicals can irritate the airways and trigger reactions that result in breathing, heart and blood vessel problems.

"We became concerned about the high levels of these new compounds that had not been studied in the past, and decided to conduct toxicological tests," said Sven-Eric Jordt, an associate professor of anesthesiology, pharmacology and cancer biology at Duke University School of Medicine, in Durham, N.C.

Bronchi (the main airways from the trachea to the lungs) "are exposed to e-cigarette vapor when the user inhales them into the lungs," Jordt said. "We consistently observed that the new chemicals formed from the flavors and e-liquid solvents were more toxic than either of their parent compounds."

Bowing to public pressure, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration withdrew mint-, fruit- and dessert-flavored e-cigarette cartridges from the U.S. market, beginning in January of 2019. Menthol flavored vapes are still allowed for sale, and one other important exception to the ban was made: Flavored liquid nicotine used in "open tank systems" were not outlawed.

The newly identified chemicals that come about as a combo of flavorings and solvents seem to activate sensory irritant receptors in nerve endings in the bronchi, Jordt's group found. And that can trigger a range of harmful inflammatory responses.

"Activation of sensory irritant receptors can increase the heart rate and, in predisposed people, can lead to an irregular heartbeat and higher blood pressure. It can also increase secretions in the nasal passages and throughout the lungs and airways, leading to coughing and breathing difficulties," Jordt said.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: