1 Settembre 2007

Reynolds launching heat-not-burn cigarette
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
xysoom

MessaggioOggetto: Reynolds launching heat-not-burn cigarette
Inviato: 03-04-2021 5:59:38

Reynolds launching heat-not-burn cigarette

Reynolds American is launching a cigarette that heats rather than burns tobacco, hoping to capitalize on the growing appetite for alternatives to traditional smokes.To get more news about HNB, you can visit hitaste.net official website.

The nation's second-biggest tobacco company said Monday it would begin selling Revo — a cigarette that uses a carbon tip that heats tobacco after being lit — in Wisconsin in February. The company, based in Winston-Salem, N.C., said the cigarette was a "repositioning" of its Eclipse product first launched in the mid-1990s with minimal success.

The surging e-cigarette or vapor industry has reinvigorated the interest for cigarette alternatives, including products like Revo and its predecessor Eclipse that smokers once considered foreign. Even though the products left no lingering odor and didn't produce ashes, they tasted different than cigarettes and were more difficult to use. Eclipse had remained in limited distribution and is one of the top-selling brands in the cafeteria at Reynolds' headquarters.Heat-not-burn technology was 20 years ahead of when consumers were ready for it. It needed the mass presence of vapor products to open up an experience-base that smokers understood," said J. Brice O'Brien, head of consumer marketing for the maker of Camel and Pall Mall cigarettes. "The smoker could only compare heat-not-burn to a combustible, and it lost every time. That's no longer the case."

Revo is a "modern take on the classic cigarette" that — unlike popular e-cigarettes that use liquid nicotine — contains real tobacco, which could make them more attractive to smokers, O'Brien said.The brand is being launched with a marketing campaign that lets smokers know it's different and harder to use than traditional cigarettes but to "stick with it, because it's totally worth it," O'Brien said. Revo will cost about the same as a premium pack of regular cigarettes, which varies across the country but averages close to $6.

With the health risks associated with traditional cigarettes and changes in societal expectations, many of the world's 1 billion smokers want to quit or try other tobacco alternatives. In the United States, nearly half of the nation's 42 million adult smokers try to quit each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In more recent years, much of the attention to quitting has steered away from nicotine gum and patches to electronic cigarettes, which many smokers credit with helping them kick the habit.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: