1 Settembre 2007

18-yr-old British qualifier makes history as teens set for m
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
xysoom

MessaggioOggetto: 18-yr-old British qualifier makes history as teens set for m
Inviato: 27-09-2021 3:47:27

18-yr-old British qualifier makes history as teens set for massive pay day

Emma Raducanu has become the first qualifier in the open era to reach the final of a grand slam, after booking a place in the US Open final against fellow teen sensation Leylah Fernandez.To get more news about lives score you can visit lives-score.com official website.

Raducanu, the 18-year-old qualifier from Britain, beat 12th seed Maria Sakkari in the second women’s semi-final 6-1, 6-4.She won in stunning fashion, a driving forehand winner to seal her final appearance in her first US Open tournament.

“It will be a teenage party on Saturday in the US Open women’s final. Emma Raducanu from the qualifying will play for the US Open final. Absolutely stunning,” commentator Patrick McEnroe said.Incredibly, Raducanu has not dropped a set on her way to the final.

“Honestly the time here in New York has gone so fast. I’ve just been taking care of each day and before you know it three weeks later I’m in the final and I can’t actually believe it,” she said on court.Before closing out the match, the 18-year-old, who will triple her career earnings in one tournament by reaching the final, looked at former British star Tim Henman.

A dodgy ball toss followed. Then, a clinical forehand that saw her become a household name overnight.“Tim is honestly such a big inspiration,” Raducanu said.

“He’s been helping me, telling me to treat one point at a time and at moments like this, you definitely can’t get ahead of yourself, you just need to stay present. I’m really grateful for Tim and everything he’s done for British tennis and for me.”Honestly, today I wasn’t thinking about anyone else except for myself,” she said, not giving a second’s consideration to what occurred hours earlier.

Fernandez, who celebrated her 19th birthday earlier in the week, took down her third top five player in her stunning run to the final.The world No.73 beat second seed Sabalenka 7-6 (7-3), 4-6, 6-4 to leave the Arthur Ashe Stadium in awe.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: