pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

Donte-Jackson-Jersey
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
linchao

MessaggioOggetto: Donte-Jackson-Jersey
Inviato: 15-10-2019 6:01:36

CHARLOTTE https://www.carolinapanthersfanshop.com/Christian-Mccaffrey-Jersey , N.C. (AP) — The Carolina Panthers didn’t have to look far to find Cam Newton’s backup.Turns out he was just down the street.Carolina selected West Virginia quarterback Will Grier, who grew in the Charlotte area and cheered on the Panthers as a youngster, after he fell to the bottom of the third round. Panthers general manager Marty Hurney said the decision to draft Grier was not out of concern about Newton coming back from offseason shoulder surgery.“This has nothing to do with Cam Newton,” Hurney said. “He is our franchise quarterback and our starting quarterback.”But Hurney said it’s vital for the Panthers to develop young quarterbacks. The team hadn’t drafted a quarterback since taking Newton with the No. 1 overall pick in 2011.“This is a position when you find a guy you like and have a chance to get him and it helps the depth at the most important position, you have to do it,” Hurney said.Grier, whose favorite athlete is former Carolina wide receiver Steve Smith, said it is “surreal” that the Panthers selected him.When the Panthers called to inform Grier they were taking him, he was literally within walking distance to the Panthers downtown stadium living in temporary housing until the draft.“Unbelievable opportunity,” Grier said. “I couldn’t be more excited. I don’t even have to move. It’s what I always wanted to play for the Panthers.”Coach Ron Rivera said the Panthers had decided more than a year ago it was time to begin developing a young quarterback as a backup and potential long-term replacement.“Marty talked about finding that next guy,” Rivera said. “We have to develop the next guy.”Grier, who is married and has a young daughter, was a finalist for the Maxwell Award and the Manning Award and finished fourth in the Heisman Trophy voting after throwing for 3,864 yards and 37 touchdowns last season for the Mountaineers.But he started getting antsy as he began to fall in draft.He and has father, Chad, who used to watch the Big Bang Theory together, decided to switch seats just moments before he received a call from the Panthers to provide a change of luck.“We both have some Sheldon tendencies,” joked Chad Grier of the main character in the TV show. “I think it worked. His agent said we should have done it hours ago, though.”Hurney said Grier is already a mature quarteback and has the “it factor.”The GM downplayed concerns about Grier’s lack of arm strength, saying he can make all of the throws needed to succeed in the NFL.“It’s not a question for us,” Hurney said.The move gives the Panthers some insurance in case Newton struggles to come back from his shoulder surgery.Earlier, the Panthers traded up 10 spots to No. 37 in the second round to get Mississippi left tackle Greg Little, a 6-foot-6, 325-pound left tackle who was a first-team All-Southeastern Conference selection last season to protect Newton’s blind side.“I take pride in keeping people safe,” Little said of protecting Newton. “And I’m going to keep him safe.”Panthers general manager Marty Hurney said he felt the need to trade up to get a left tackle because they were “flying off the draft board” and Carolina needed to fill that spot before they were all gone. Hurney believes Little has a good chance to come in and compete to be the opening day starter at left tackle.The move was costly for the Panthers https://www.carolinapanthersfanshop.com/Daryl-Williams-Jersey , who gave up their own second round pick (No. 47) and an early third round pick (No. 77) to Seattle to move to get Little.But Hurney said the team couldn’t wait any longer.“We really liked Greg and we had really good grades on him,” Hurney said. “There was a run on tackles and we didn’t think he had any chance to get to us (at No. 47).”In the last 960 snaps the last two seasons, Little has only allowed 26 quarterback pressures.“He’s big, he’s athletic and he has long arms,” Hurney said.Little fills a big need for the Panthers following a disappointing 7-9 season.Carolina cut left tackle Matt Kalil with three years left on a $55 million contract after he missed all of last season with a knee injury. The team had to sign free agent Chris Clark early in the season to come in and play left tackle in 2018. He eventually lost the starting job to Marshall Newhouse. Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the Hog Molly Report, where winning in the trenches is all that matters. Before we begin, we open with the reciting of our usual motto:In the spirit of Mr. Gettleman’s words (regardless of him having moved on) and the philosophy of building a team from the inside out, my goal will be to watch the hog mollies each game during the season and give them a grade based on their performance. This week we will look at the frustrating loss against the Atlanta Falcons where the Panthers fell to 1-1 on the season. This game wasn’t at all what we expected, with the offensive line doing a little better than we may have predicted, and the defensive line getting absolutely gashed all game long.Offensive Hog MolliesYards per Carry: 6.7, season: 5.4 (1st, NFL)Yards per Play: 7.0, season: 5.8 (14th, NFL)Sacks allowed: 2, season: 5 (T-16th, NFL)Third downs converted: 5 of 11 or 45%, season: 39% (14th, NFL)Rating: 4 out of 5 Tryin’ Hard HogsAll things considered, given the amount of shuffling and new starters we had on the line, this was an extremely valiant effort. You’ve got newcomer Chris Clark at left tackle, Tyler Larsen in at right guard for Trai Turner, and Taylor Moton back out to right tackle. That’s a lot of guys in new spots, and they really handled it about as well as one could expect. Let’s start with the sack breakdown:1st Sack: Q1 4:05, 3rd & 8, CAR 27 - Falcons send a six man blitz https://www.carolinapanthersfanshop.com/Donte-Jackson-Jersey , Carolina only has five blockers. Ultimately, safety Brian Poole comes untouched through the right side, Cam Newton never had the chance to even find the hot read.2nd Sack: Q2 2:24, 2nd & 10, CAR 36 - Falcons send a four man rush, but honestly, this play was blown up from jump street. Greg Van Roten starts the play pulling but due to some immediate interior pressure, simply turns around and works his way back outside to the left. He does his best to get a body on Takkarist McKinley, and halfway succeeds. This should have been enough to get rid of the ball, Cam Newton had an open man on a slant in Devin Funchess. He instead pump fakes, getting sacked in the process.Penalties harmed us again in this one, though there was plenty of uncalled holding that benefited both sides. I was very impressed with Chris Clark. For a guy who has not even been on the team a week, he put in a hell of an effort. He allowed two pressures, no sacks, and we left him alone on an island without any tight end help the entire game. If he can continue this level of play, there is no reason Matt Kalil should get his job back when he returns from injury, though I would say Kalil would be an upgrade on outside runs, where Clark struggled a bit. Tyler Larsen did a good job filling in for Trai Turner, and Taylor Moton had an awesome day... look for him as Hog Molly of the week.Going forward, I would like to see better technique from Greg Van Roten. I saw him get flat-footed out there a lot rather than keeping a proper base. He leaned his waist into a lot of blocks and gave up significant ground. Another guy who I’d want to see improvement from, but I probably won’t, is Ryan Kalil. It appears to me a long career in the NFL has caught up with him, as he also was giving significant ground in the middle. When Trai Turner returns, it might not be the worst idea to consider starting the Tyler Larsen era at center.Defensive Hog MolliesYards per Carry: 5.3, season: 4.9 (27th Greg Olsen Jersey , NFL)Yards per Play: 7.4, season: 5.8 (22nd, NFL)Sacks given: 0, season: 6 (T-8th, NFL)Third down allowed %: 6 of 11 or 55%, season: 36% (14th, NFL)Rating: 1 out of 5 Disappointing Mashed PorkEverything was going fine until Calvin Ridley got bitten by the turf monster on a third down play and Donte Jackson was unjustly handed a defensive pass interference penalty. From there, for some reason, the entire day went off the rails. After Ridley got his undeserved touchdown to make the score 10-10, suddenly run fits got sloppy, offensive linemen were making it to the second level and bottling up Luke Kuechly and Shaq Thompson, and we ceased to get pressure at all on Matt Ryan. If you let that guy get comfortable, he will shred you, especially if his run game is also working. It was a highly disappointing effort from everyone, but especially the Hog Mollies. Julius Peppers turned in his second absentee game of the season, Mario Addison was handled for the most part, and while Kawann Short and Dontari Poe were having decent success pushing the middle of the pocket, their rotation mates Kyle Love and Vernon Butler had a tough day after a great performance last week. If there was one defensive lineman that made a noticeable impact, it was actually Wes Horton for the second week in a row. It might be time to consider giving him more run over Julius Peppers.Hog Molly of the Week: Taylor MotonThis man deserves far more than just a Hog Molly of the Week award for as much as the coaching staff have asked him to do all over the offensive line. He gets highlighted for his work in this one for not only moving back to the right side, but allowing ZERO pressures in the passing game, and doing some nice road grading as we’d expect in the run game. This kid is quickly rising to become our best offensive lineman, perhaps even more so than Trai Turner so far this year.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: