pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

reports that they are waiving Eric
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
elaine95

MessaggioOggetto: reports that they are waiving Eric
Inviato: 25-11-2019 6:03:05

Rob Gronkowski was perhaps the greatest receiving tight end in NFL history White Ja’Whaun Bentley Jersey , and the Patriots will miss him now that he’s retired. But even when he wasn’t running a route, Gronk was an integral part of the Patriots’ passing game.Gronkowski was also a great pass blocker, and Mike Reiss of ESPN notes that Gronk may have been the best pass-blocking tight end in the league.According to ESPN’s “pass-block win rate” stat — which gives blockers a “win” every time they hold their pass block for at least 2.5 seconds — Gronk was tied with Josh Hill of the Saints as the No. 1 pass blocking tight ends in the NFL. Gronk won on 98 percent of his pass blocks Ja’Whaun Bentley Jersey 2019 , which was also better than any offensive lineman in the NFL last season (although obviously tight ends are rarely matched one-on-one with an opposing team’s best pass rusher).Gronkowski’s primary role was as a receiver, but even if other Patriots can make up for the catches that will be lost to his retirement, his contributions as a blocker will be hard to replace. The makeup of the Patriots tight end corps in the wake of Rob Gronkowski’s retirement has been a storyline throughout the offseason and it is starting to take shape ahead of Saturday’s deadline to drop to 53 players.According to multiple reports White Jason McCourty Jerseys , the Patriots are cutting Stephen Anderson. Nick Underhill of TheAthletic.com also reports that they are waiving Eric Saubert.Anderson spent last season on the New England practice squad after catching 36 passes for 435 yards and two touchdowns over two seasons with the Texans. Saubert was acquired in a trade with the Falcons earlier this month. The compensation was a conditional seventh-round pick and it’s likely making the team was one of the conditions to convey that pick.Benjamin Watson will serve a four-game suspension to open the season and Lance Kendricks is suspended for the opener, which leaves Matt LaCosse, Andrew Beck and Ryan Izzo as the current in-house options at tight end for Week One. Other moves around the league in the coming hours could reshape that group before the Pats host the Steelers next Sunday night.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: