pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

decisions and that they “feel like we did what was best for
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
elaine95

MessaggioOggetto: decisions and that they “feel like we did what was best for
Inviato: 02-12-2019 4:11:34

HOUSTON (AP) — An East Texas school superintendent who wrote “You can’t count on a black quarterback” in the comment section of an online news article says he thought it was a private message.Lynn Redden is superintendent of the Onalaska Independent School District in the Piney Woods Cullen Gillaspia Jersey Mens , about 75 miles north of Houston. In his post on the Houston Chronicle’s website, Redden referred to the last play of Sunday’s game in which Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson held the ball as time expired.Later Tuesday Youth Cullen Gillaspia Jersey , the school district posted a notice on its website that the school board would have a special meeting on Saturday to discuss Redden’s contract.The board also released a statement to the Chronicle that read: “Onalaska ISD regrets that an inappropriate comment has been attributed to the district’s superintendent. The OISD does not condone negative comments or actions against any race. The district values every individual and therefore the district will take the appropriate measures to address the situation expeditiously and completely.”In an interview with the Chronicle, Redden said he regrets posting the comment. He said he thought it was a private message and deleted it as soon as he realized it was public.Redden said he based the comment on what he called the “limited success” of black quarterbacks in the NFL.The Texans declined to comment. Texans head coach Bill O’Brien has taken on increased personnel responsibilities with the absence of a General Manager in Houston and he used them to make a couple of big trades this weekend.The team’s been criticized for the return they received from Seattle for Jadeveon Clowney as well as how much they gave the Dolphins to acquire Laremy Tunsil and Kenny Stills. O’Brien was asked about that criticism when he met with reporters on Monday.O’Brien said that the Texans have a group of people working to make these decisions and that they “feel like we did what was best for the team.” He went on to say that feeling trumps what others might feel about the team’s decisions.“We can’t control what the outside world thinks White Cullen Gillaspia Jersey ,” O’Brien said, via Aaron Wilson of the . “It’s probably taken me a while to figure that out.”The Texans traded for Tunsil without working out a contract extension that would keep him under team control beyond the 2020 season and the price paid to get him would seem to give Tunsil good leverage in any future discussions about a deal. O’Brien declined to say whether there have been any talks on that front as the team head toward the start of the season with a very different looking roster than they had at the end of last week.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: