pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

bases named for Confederate generals
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
alisawhite123

MessaggioOggetto: bases named for Confederate generals
Inviato: 03-07-2020 8:48:24

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell Online Cigarettes Store USA has split with Donald Trump over the president's threat to veto the annual defence spending bill if it includes a provision to rename military bases named for Confederate figureheads.

“Well, I would hope the president really wouldn't veto the bill over this issue.... I hope the president will reconsider vetoing the entire defence bill, which includes pay raises for our troops, over a provision in there that could lead to changing the names, ” Newport Pleasure Mr McConnell said in an interview on Fox News on Wednesday.

The president had indicated in a tweet earlier in the day that he would veto the $740bn bill if it includes an amendment from Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren to rename some US military bases.

“I will Veto the Defence Authorization Bill if the Elizabeth 'Pocahontas' Warren (of all people! ) Amendment, which will lead to the renaming (plus other bad things! ) of Fort Bragg, Newport 100s Box Fort Robert E. Lee, and many other Military Bases from which we won Two World Wars, is in the Bill! ” Mr Trump tweeted.

The Senate Armed Services Committee unanimously agreed this week to add a provision to the bill to "remove all names, symbols, displays, monuments, and paraphernalia that honour or commemorate the Confederate States of America... or any person who served voluntarily with the Confederate States of America from all assets of the Department of Defence" within three years of enactment.

Online Cigarettes Store USA
Good USA Newport Cigarettes
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: