1 Settembre 2007

What is body armor?
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
xysoom

MessaggioOggetto: What is body armor?
Inviato: 12-12-2022 7:03:34

What is body armor?
Modern body armor is an insert, made of a strong material, that fits inside a garment such as a vest or plate carrier. Body armor comes in two varieties: “Hard” and “soft.” Hard armor generally consists of rigid panels which are built to offer protection from common rifle rounds. Soft armor generally consists of flexible, layered composites or textiles, and provides protection from handgun and fragmentation threats.To get more news about ballistic helmet, you can visit bulletproofboxs.com official website.

This guide is designed to help you understand everything you need to know about body armor – from what threats it’s usually rated for, to how it’s made, to how to set up and wear a plate carrier, and more.

Modern armor science is a complex interdisciplinary subject – which touches on materials science, impact mechanics, ballistics, adhesive and interlayer chemistry, and much more – but the basics are very easy to understand. With those in hand, you’ll be able to make the best possible decisions with respect to purchasing and using body armor.
This guide is broken-up into parts. To quickly review:
Part 1: Body Armor Levels

Before you get into the different types of armor, it’s important to know what each type is generally rated to stop. This section briefly covers American and foreign ballistic rating systems.

Part 2: Hard Armor

There are several different types of hard armor — steel, ceramic composite, UHMWPE-based plates made entirely of laminated fiber composite layers, and various exotic types. This section reviews these variants, and highlights their relative strengths and weaknesses.

Part 3: Soft Armor

Soft armor is fundamentally different from hard armor — both in what it will stop, and in how and where it is worn. This section offers a short review.

Part 4: What level body armor should I buy?

This section synthesizes the information given in the previous sections, and, in light of statistical data on US-domestic shootings, offers some advice that might assist you in purchasing armor plates.

Part 5: Is body armor legal to own?

Body armor is perfectly legal for civilians to own in most parts of the world — but not all of them. In some nations, civilian ownership of armor is a crime punishable by several years in jail. This section briefly reviews legal questions surrounding the civilian purchase, possession, and use of body armor.

Part 6: The armor (or plate) carrier

Hard armor plates and soft armor panels are very difficult to use unless they’re worn in plate carriers or body armor systems. This section reviews the hard armor plate carrier — from the different types of carrier, to how to position armor plates, to how to finally set-up a plate carrier.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: