pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

petrol bombs from university
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
alisawhite123

MessaggioOggetto: petrol bombs from university
Inviato: 04-12-2019 7:28:49

Representative Adam Schiff posed a rhetorical question Online Cigarettes Store USA the other week that grated on the sensibility of anyone who remembers well the Watergate scandal.

“Where is Howard Baker?” Schiff asked plaintively.

Schiff was evoking the late Republican senator from Tennessee, who died in 2014, in a transparent plea to Republicans’ better selves. Ostensibly, Baker, the ranking minority member Newport Cigarettes Shop on the Senate’s Watergate Committee, put aside partisanship to join Democrats in a search for the truth. The proof lies in Baker’s very first question to John Dean, President Richard Nixon’s former White House counsel and the desk officer for the Watergate cover-up. On June 28, 1973, Baker famously asked Dean, “What did the president know and when did he know it?”

Yet what many recall as an incisive, if not noble, question about the behavior of a president from Baker’s same political party was anything but. Rather, it was a shrewd and calculated attempt to stem the rising tide against Nixon. Nor was it even Baker’s first assault against getting at the truth of Watergate, and it would not prove to be his most cynical.Much of what we know about Baker’s true role comes from three books: a memoir by Fred Thompson, the Watergate committee’s minority counsel (At That Point in Time, 1975); a memoir by Sam Dash, the panel’s majority counsel (Chief Counsel, 1976);Cheap Newport 100s cigarettes and a comprehensive history based on primary documents by the late dean of Watergate historians, Professor Stanley I. Kutler (The Wars of Watergate, 1990). In addition to these books, a fine-grained picture of Baker’s behind-the-scenes behavior has emerged as more of the tapes surreptitiously recorded during Nixon’s presidency have been released and deciphered.

Smoking USA Newport and Marlboro Cigarettes
Online Cigarettes Store USA
2018 Wholesale Newport And Marlborl Cigarettes USA
Online Cigarettes Store USA
Good USA Newport Cigarettes
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: