Password
(Registrati)

[x] Floating Sarod

[x] Discografia

[x]

[x] Visite

pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

When you buy a lottery ticket, where does your money go?
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
xysoom

MessaggioOggetto: When you buy a lottery ticket, where does your money go?
Inviato: 04-06-2020 6:39:56

When you buy a lottery ticket, where does your money go?

With a Mega Millions lottery jackpot at $1.6 billion and the Powerball at $620 million, people all across the country are buying their tickets. But where exactly does the money go from each ticket?Get more news about 彩票免费包网,you can vist loto98.com

During the last five days, more than $10 million have been spent on Powerball and Mega Millions tickets in Wisconsin alone. There have been more than 1 million tickets sold since Oct. 19 in the state.

"We've been selling a ton," said Nicole Kastner, the Woodman's head of clerical. But what happens with the revenue from each 2 dollar lottery ticket? Of each ticket sale, $1.13 goes to prize money that will be awarded, $0.60 goes to property tax credits in the state of Wisconsin, $0.14 funds operational expenses in the lottery and the final $0.13 goes to local retail compensation.

"A lot of those additional revenue comes right back to the businesses so it does help out local businesses that people are so amped up about buying lottery tickets because more people are getting out to the store in places like gas stations, convenient store selling more tickets and hoping to add to their bottom line a little bit," said Dr. Thomas Kemp, an economist from UW-Eau Claire.The lottery is bringing a variety of people into Woodman's Markets in Altoona. "I feel like people that don't play a whole lot will kind of just buy one or two but then you have people that play every day that are buying like $50 worth of it so it's pretty nuts," Kastner said.

Some who play often and for others it's their first time. "I thought, what the heck, for $2, why not make a dream come true," said Cindy Son, a first time Mega Millions player.

Cindy and others are hopeful for a win in their wallets and for the local economy. "It gets people out and doing stuff that they wouldn't otherwise do, that's what makes the economy tick," Kemp said.

Selling more than 1 million tickets in Wisconsin alone since Friday, Oct. 19. "If you don't play, you don't win, you don't even have a chance," said Kimberly Williams, from Eau Claire.
www.camfaith.org/cforu...p;t=866367
www.forum-mecanique.ne...2#p2823612
lnx.nadayoga.it/index....4215#24215
www.web-movimento.it/e...82#p120882
forum.openelec.tv/show...tid=100476
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: