1 Settembre 2007

Henderson woman hits jackpot on $5 scratch off lottery ticke
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
xysoom

MessaggioOggetto: Henderson woman hits jackpot on $5 scratch off lottery ticke
Inviato: 23-10-2020 18:45:14

Henderson woman hits jackpot on $5 scratch off lottery ticket

Often the subject of daydreams and musings, winning $1 million has become a reality for 75-year-old Henderson resident Jeanette N. Beamer.Get more news about 彩票包网,you can vist nb68.com

Mrs. Beamer said she would buy lottery tickets when she could afford them. She went to Fargo’s Family Market in Henderson on Aug. 10 to buy tickets and won $40.

Thinking to herself that her winnings were enough to buy a half order of wings for lunch, she went to order them and noticed green tickets in front of her. She asked the girl at the counter to give her four of the tickets — $5 Bonus 9’s scratch offs. The first ticket, she won $30, getting her the money back she spent on the tickets.Next, she won more than she could ever have imagined — her $5 scratch off yielded $1 million in winnings.

“I’m just standing there like, ‘Wow,’” she said. “I said to the girl ‘I got the jackpot!’ We were so excited we ran it through the machine and it said big winner, she was just as excited as I was. ... I stayed there about a half-hour to forty-five minutes before I dared drive home — I was so excited. I’ve never won anything really in my life worth winning.”

Mrs. Beamer retired from working mostly in the restaurant business when she was 62, going back to work sometimes. After she lost her second husband, Arthur W. Beamer, five years ago, she said she was struggling to make ends meet most of the time.

She said since she won, she doesn’t have a financial care in the world.

“It’s made my life so much easier, it’s unreal,” she said. “I was really struggling, it’s hard to live on Social Security.”

Mrs. Beamer grew up in the Mannsville area and lived there before moving to the Henderson area with her husband in 1986. Before her big windfall, the largest monetary amount she won was about $300.

When she returned home that day, the first person she called was her neighbor, who plays a lot of scratch off games, to tell him the good news. Next, she called her three sons and other family members, all of whom were excited for her.

“Honestly, I was numb,” she said of the moment she realized she won. “I was like ‘Is it really true?’ I’d wake up in the middle of the night like, ‘Did I really win that million dollars?’ I kept telling everybody to pinch me, make sure I’m still awake.”
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: