1 Settembre 2007

Halogen Free PCB
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
xysoom

MessaggioOggetto: Halogen Free PCB
Inviato: 21-12-2020 6:59:38

Halogen Free PCB

Halogen free PCB substrates have been commercialized since 1998, the first in the world. A halogen-free board is a printed board that does not use halogen elements.By using a halogen material for the printed circuit board,it is possible to obtain characteristics such as flame retardancy and low warp resistance and therefore manufacturing is facilitated.To get more news about Halogen Free PCB, you can visit pcbmake official website.

Why PCB Manufacturers Avoid Halogen in PCB Manufacturing?

However,a substrate using a halogen element produces dioxin when burned. For this reason,halogen-free has long been called for,but due to the difficulty of manufacturing,many manufacturers have not fully adopted it,especially for products with high component mounting density.

For a long time,brominated flame retardants have been used in the manufacture of printed circuit boards.Although Halogen free PCB suppliers have developed some halogen-free alternatives. The impact of these alternatives on the assembly process is still uncertain.

Since the introduction of halogen-free,although halogen-free materials have occupied 10% of the laminate market.The industry still lacks the production experience to define the assembly process and reliability window.The price is higher than ordinary halogen-containing PCB circuit boards.The cost difference is only considered from an economic point of view.

However,manufacturers of SMT patches are still facing a more critical challenge:PCB drilling is greatly affected by the physical properties of the material,while the hardness of halogen-free materials It is usually higher.

Similarly,it is estimated that the life of the drill bit will therefore be reduced by about 25%.This is by no means insignificant, because for this reason, it is possible that halogen-free PCBs will cost higher manufacturing costs.When selling to an assembly plant,this cost will be reflected in the selling price of the product.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: