1 Settembre 2007

Facades and Fashions in Medical Architecture
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
xysoom

MessaggioOggetto: Facades and Fashions in Medical Architecture
Inviato: 13-01-2021 5:40:37

Facades and Fashions in Medical Architecture

This evening is an introduction to the architectural remains of medical care in the city. While many sites of New York’s medical history have been lost, especially interiors and equipment that we can no longer view except through images, New Yorkers are fortunate that our streets still present lively remnants of the past. History professor Bert Hansen will place numerous NYC sites into the main chapters of medical development for the last 200 years. The lecture invites everyone to wander the city with new eyes for medical heritage.To get more news about facades architecture, you can visit mesh-fabrics official website.

This lecture is an optional introduction to places Hansen will share with Friends-only tour groups on the following two Saturdays (May 13 and May 20). The lecture and the two tours are all complementary, but each event is independent and complete in itself. To join the Friends of the Rare Book Room please click here.
Bert Hansen, Professor Emeritus of History at Baruch College of CUNY, has been teaching the history of science and medicine since 1974. He holds a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Columbia and a PhD in history of science from Princeton. His 2009 book Picturing Medical Progress from Pasteur to Polio: A History of Mass Media Images and Popular Attitudes in America was honored by the American Library Association and the Popular Culture Association. His recent articles explore the connections between Louis Pasteur and the art world of 19th-century Paris.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: