1 Settembre 2007

Iowa high school football scores: Gazette area Week 5 roundu
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
xysoom

MessaggioOggetto: Iowa high school football scores: Gazette area Week 5 roundu
Inviato: 29-09-2021 3:10:33

Iowa high school football scores: Gazette area Week 5 roundup

Iowa City High had Zeus, thanks to its win over Iowa City Liberty. The Little Hawks possessed the Little Cy-Hawk trophy after beating Ames. Friday night, they took back The Boot from Iowa City West — emphatically, with a 56-7 win.To get more news about lives score, you can visit lives-score.com official website.

That was just one game we were covering Friday night for Week 5 of the Iowa high school football season. Find all the area scores and complete coverage below.

City High (5-0) cracked the Class 5A top 10 this week at No. 6, and you can see how the rest of our ranked teams fared Friday night here.We’re better than good, man,” Iowa City High running back Darren Richardson said. “We’re great.”

No argument here. And, presumably, none from their archrival.Class 5A sixth-ranked City High stung Iowa City West with a 556-yard offensive attack and whipped the Trojans, 56-7, Friday night at Bates Field.

West had won five straight games in this series, including a pair of one-sided victories (56-20 and 35-7) last year.The Class 5A ninth-ranked Lions jumped all over a depleted Cedar Rapids Jefferson team, running away with a 65-0 victory Friday night at Kingston Stadium.

The fast start is a welcome departure from the 1-5 season Linn-Mar endured last year. A strong defense has led the way. Jefferson couldn’t budge the Linn-Mar defensive front. The J-Hawks finished with negative-21 yards of offense and no first downs.You wondered how a football team that hardly ever loses in the regular season would respond to actually losing in the regular season.

The answer in Cedar Rapids Xavier’s case would be fine. Just fine.The Saints were stifling defensively and pulled away from a tight game with a strong offensive second half to take apart Cedar Rapids Washington, 31-0, Friday night at Saints Field.

Xavier (4-1), ranked fourth in Class 4A, lost to No. 1 North Scott at home last week, 20-8. That was just its second loss in its last 53 regular-season games.The Bobcat senior tailback tallied four touchdowns for the second straight game and rushed for 124 yards on 16 carries in Friday night’s 41-0 triumph over Marion in the Class 4A District 2 opener for both teams at Thomas Park.

That didn’t stop Western Dubuque quarterback Jack Clemens from giving his teammate a little dig after the game.“We gave him a little bit of a hard time because he stole two of our receivers’ touchdowns,” Clemens said with a smile on his face. “They got tripped up just short of the goal line but it is what it is.”

Zinn had the table set twice on long completions from Clemens to Daviyon Gaston for 67 yards and another of 66 yards to Nick Bryant.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: