[x]

[x] Visite

pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

are FFP2 and KN95 the same?
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
xysoom

MessaggioOggetto: are FFP2 and KN95 the same?
Inviato: 03-11-2021 6:12:45

are FFP2 and KN95 the same?

In the Czech Republic, respirators have now become mandatory on public transit, in stores and at work. But not all respirators are equal. Many do not meet the European standard of FFP2, and some brands have been found to falsely claim to be certified. And while the Czech Republic still allows Chinese certified KN95 respirators, other countries are insisting on FFP2 only.To get more news about quality type II mask factory, you can visit tnkme.com official website.

When buying respirators, people should look for instructions in Czech. Anything being sold in a Czech shop under the law should have a Czech label. Otherwise, it is not clear that the product has reached the shelves through proper import channels. People should also look for known manufacturers when possible.
In the Czech Republic, the Health Ministry allows respirators meeting either the European standard FFP2 or Chinese standard KN95 in places where they are required. Neighboring Austria, though, only allows FFP2 respirators, and says KN95 masks are not equivalent.

KN95 respirators were allowed on the Czech market last year due to shortages of FFP2 respirators, and can be sold until the imported supplies run out.

KN95 masks are tested to a different standard than FFP2 class respirators. FFP2 masks are tested for stopping microscopic salt particles as well as airborne droplets of paraffin wax, representing liquid in the air that could carry infections particles. KN95 respirators are only tested for stopping microscopic particles.
Recently, there have been calls to stop the sale of respirators that don’t meet the European standard. Jan Bartošek, vice chairman and head of Christian Democrats (KDU-ČSL) group in Parliament’s lower house, on March 2 said he wants to stop the import of KN95 respirators.

“I turned to the prime minister so that the financial administration and the Czech Trade Inspection Authority check that there are no dual quality respirators on the market. It is absolutely essential that respirators bear the CE mark, which is a European standard,” Bartošek said.The European Center for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) says that FFP2 respirators have a filtering capacity of at least 94 percent for 0.3 micron particles, but only if worn properly. The masks require a fitting test to ensure proper protection.

Certified FFP2 masks should be marked with the certification standard EN 149: 2001 + A1: 2009; the protection class of FFP2; either R for reusable or NR for single use; and the CE marking together with a four-digit number identifying the accredited testing laboratory that issued the EU certificate.

Even when a mask is marked with the European certification, it is no guarantee. Czech non-profit consumer protection organization Kverulant.org reported respirators being sold with the CE mark that were only 83 to 86 percent effective at stopping particles, instead of 94 percent. The company in question used fraudulent certification documents.

The Czech Trade Inspection Authority (ČOI) has received several complaints but so far does not have the authority to publish a list of masks that do not meet the stated standards. ČOI spokesman Jiří Fröhlich told news server iDnes they are waiting for a final decision.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: