1 Settembre 2007

5 reasons why 'World of Warcraft' is so popular
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
xysoom

MessaggioOggetto: 5 reasons why 'World of Warcraft' is so popular
Inviato: 22-11-2021 8:15:03

5 reasons why 'World of Warcraft' is so popular

"World of Warcraft" has made a genuine cultural impact since its launch in 2004, inspiring everything from a "South Park" episode to the recently-released Hollywood movie adaptation. But there are still countless people who have never played the smash-hit online game.To get more news about buy wow items, you can visit lootwowgold official website.

With its next expansion, "World of Warcraft: Legion," set to launch on August 30, you might be wondering: should I jump in? What's so great about this game that people have been playing for 12 years?

In case you weren't sure, "World of Warcraft" is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game, or MMORPG for short. That means it takes place in a huge, persistent world where players run around and do quests with each other, level up, collect loot and maybe even fight each other.

Before "World of Warcraft" came along, the most popular MMORPGs were games like "EverQuest," which were not especially welcoming to new players, comparatively. It was a different time, so expectations were different.

"World of Warcraft" did a better job of explaining the more arcane aspects of the genre and easing newcomers in, even if it wasn't perfect. It's actually a much more friendly game now than it was at launch, too. This is a great time to jump in.

The original release of the game had two gigantic continents for players to explore, all based on the "Warcraft" series of computer strategy games. Each of its numerous expansion packs has added another sizable landmass, meaning there's a whole lot to see out there.

The "Warcraft" fantasy universe draws inspiration from pretty much every other fantasy universe, so there's a ton of variety around every corner. One playable race lives in a huge, crashed spaceship, while another is a race of zombies that lives in the sewers underneath an abandoned city.

There are also intelligent, bipedal cows and martial artist pandas to go along with your generic humans and orcs. The game's stellar art direction helps bring all of these different races and their respective homelands to life.

"World of Warcraft" requires a paid subscription to play, meaning it's designed to keep you playing as long as possible. That may sound like a negative thing, but it's just honesty, and they do it very well.

From the minute you start playing, the game constantly dangles a carrot on a stick in front of you. It could be a new ability, a powerful sword, or a cool mechanical chicken to ride on.

Whatever it is, it's always just attainable enough that you'll say "just one more quest before bed!" Before you know it, it's 3:00 in the morning. That's how "World of Warcraft" goes.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: