1 Settembre 2007

How to Protect Your Pet From Toxic Blue-Green Algae
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
xysoom

MessaggioOggetto: How to Protect Your Pet From Toxic Blue-Green Algae
Inviato: 22-11-2021 9:40:34

How to Protect Your Pet From Toxic Blue-Green Algae

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) website, harmful algal blooms (HABs) have been reported in every coastal US state.Get more news about Blue Green Pet Protection Tape,you can vist our website!

Blue-green algae spottings are on the rise; the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says that it’s a major problem in all 50 states.Blue-green algae are not actually algae at all—they’re a type of bacteria called cyanobacteria.

Cyanobacteria are a group of microorganisms that can be found in any aquatic environment as well as many locations on land. These microorganisms occur naturally, and they make oxygen and help cycle nutrients in the environment and food chain.These cyanotoxins include toxins that affect different parts of the body—for example, neurotoxins (brain), hepatotoxins (liver) and dermatologic toxins (skin)—and some can cause serious and even fatal illness for humans and pets.

Cyanotoxins are more commonly fatal for our pets because they are more likely to swim and drink from potentially contaminated water sources. People, on the other hand, would be less likely to jump into or drink water from a water source that has a bad smell or a visible algal bloom.Harmful algal blooms consisting of blue-green algae tend to appear in nutrient-dense waters under warmer environmental temperatures (most commonly seen during mid- to late-summer months).

Recent studies suggest that environmental changes have played a large role in the surge in number of algal blooms seen across the US.

According to a 2013 study, “Mounting evidence indicates that global climate change, watershed degradation and increased nutrient loading of freshwater systems are contributing to the increased frequency, severity, extent and broader geographic distribution of harmful algal blooms (HABs), including cyanobacteria HABs (cyanoHABs).”The best way to protect your dog from exposure to harmful algal blooms is to never let them swim in or drink from lakes, ponds, and other potentially contaminated bodies of water, especially if they have visible algal blooms or a bad odor.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: