[x]

[x] Visite

pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

What’s the Deal With Metal Cladding?
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
xysoom

MessaggioOggetto: What’s the Deal With Metal Cladding?
Inviato: 13-01-2021 6:50:26

What’s the Deal With Metal Cladding?

There are two ways you can look at a person. One, the conventional way, is to see them as a single entity, a unified body and self with one name and one being. The other, less conventional way, is to see them as aggregates of parts and organs, as collections of billions of individual elements, an incredibly coordinated symphony of cells.To get more news about facades architecture, you can visit mesh-fabrics official website.

Think about buildings in the same way. Typically, we see buildings like we see people. They are finished products with a single name and identity: the Empire State Building, the Taj Mahal, the Temple of Dendur. But buildings are also extraordinary agglomerations of parts and products, gizmos and gadgets, finishes and fixtures, all synchronously buzzing to magically create a living space for the people inside.
Architizer has always been about understanding how buildings work, and this week, we are starting to highlight different building components in an effort to help architects understand how to use and specify them. As our Source platform continues to grow, we would like to continue the conversations we are having with designers and manufacturers with the rest of our audience to advance the future of how architects find and specify products.

This week we focus on metal cladding, a material that has hugged the twists and turns of architecture for decades. From the punched tin of Louis Sullivan to the titanium swoops of Frank Gehry to the prismatic steel of Marc Fornes, designers have embraced metal cladding for its flexibility and finish. It’s incredibly versatile, both avant-garde and off-the-shelf. Recent news about the Grenfell Tower disaster has highlighted the ubiquity of metal cladding and underscored how important it is to understand the materials we use and the ways they work.

The Industrial Revolution opened up new possibilities for the fabrication of metal sheets that could be punched and formed into ornamental designs. Nineteenth-century innovators like Louis Sullivan took full advantage of it in his Chicago exteriors, but it was not until the development of the curtain wall in the mid-20th century that metal cladding really came into its own. The curtain wall was a new concept that separated structure from the exterior envelope. Instead of being supported by a brick or stone façade, new buildings had steel and concrete skeletons from which glass and metal skins could hang (like a curtain).
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: