1 Settembre 2007

European Equities: Economic Data
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
xysoom

MessaggioOggetto: European Equities: Economic Data
Inviato: 21-01-2021 8:09:02

European Equities: Economic Data

It was a particularly bullish day for the European majors, which bounced back from Tuesdays pullback.To get more news about WikiFX, you can visit wikifx official website.
The DAX30 rallied by 1.76% to lead the way, with the CAC40 and EuroStoxx600 gaining 1.39% and 1.36% respectively.
An EMA announcement of the recommendation for approval of the Moderna Inc. COVID-19 virus supported the majors. News of Germany extending its lockdown was muted by the vaccine news, in spite of France also facing the possibility of another lockdown.
From Capitol Hill, the Democrats looked set to take control of the Senate, raising the prospects of more fiscal stimulus, which also supported the upside.
The Stats
It was a busy day on the economic calendar, with the private sector PMI and inflation figures in focus.
Key stats included December service sector and composite PMI figures for Italy and Spain. Finalized PMIs from France, Germany, and the Eurozone were also in focus.
Italys services PMI rose from 39.4 to 39.7 in December, versus a forecasted rise to 45.3. In November, the PMI had tumbled from 46.7 to 39.4.
From Spain, the services PMI increased from 39.5 to 48.0, versus a forecasted rise to 45.0. In November, the services PMI had fallen from 41.4 to 39.5.
Frances services PMI came in at 49.1, which was down from a prelim 49.2, while up from a November 38.8.
In December, Germanys PMI rose from 46.0 to 47.0, which was down from a prelim 47.7.
For the Eurozone, the services PMI came in at 46.4, which was down from a prelim 47.3. In November, the PMI had risen from 46.9 to 41.7.
It was a busy day on the economic calendar, Finalized service and composite figures were in focus along with ADP nonfarm and factory order numbers late in the European session. The stats were skewed to the negative.
ADP nonfarm employment change figures were particularly disappointing. According to the ADP, nonfarm employment fell by 123K in December, partially reversing a 304k rise in November.
In December, the Services PMI came in at 54.8 which was down from a prelim 55.3 and a November 58.4. The composite PMI came in at 55.3 which was down from a prelim 55.7 and Novembers 58.6.
On the positive, factory orders rose by 1.0% in November, following a 1.3% increase in October. Economists had forecast a 0.7% rise.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: